Autobiographical Addiction

3:09 PM

While I've been a big reader forever, I've always leaned more towards fiction works than anything remotely real. I'm a sucker for a good love story or a fantastic tale of magical adventure (*cough* Harry Potter *cough*). However, I've recently found myself picking up more and more autiobiographical works, whether they be essay collections, books of inspirations, or full on autobiographies, and I thought I'd share that newfound love here by gushing over a few of my current favorites!




The first book of this kind to really grab my attention and have a real "influence" (ha...wait for it...) on me was actually Influence by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. This book is a collection of interviews conducted by the twins themselves! It features many people who have inspired me in different ways (Diane von Furstenberg, Karl Lagerfeld, Bob Colacello, etc.) and is just put together so beautifully.


Book number two is one that I picked up after Christmas and breezed through in a day. Written by another one of my fashion icons, It by Alexa Chung is incredible. If you know anything about this lady, then you'll love this book. Every page oozes her wit and charm and describes all of the people/things that have helped her throughout her modeling/designing career. And again, stunning presentation.


When I first got hired at The Andy Warhol Museum, I was anxious to know more about the artist so that I could answer questions correctly whenever people asked. That, and my 20% store discount, led to my purchasing The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again) by Andy Warhol. Filled with Warhol's thoughts and anecdotes on subjects such as love, fame, and...underwear power, this book is truly inspirational. I wish I had a mini version to carry with me in my bag!


And finally, my most recent read: Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. As a huge fan of her show, Girls, I was majorly curious as to what else Lena Dunham had to offer and watching Tiny Furniture every night on Netflix didn't quite satisfy my need for more. I have to admit, after reading some of the more "offensive" excerpts that were being widely criticized online, I was a bit taken by surprise and hesitant at first, but I can assure you that everything was taken out of context and I truly believe that every twenty something should read this book. Lena Dunham is the voice of my/your/our generation. 


Where do you draw inspiration from?!

xx







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's amazing! If you know anything about Alexa Chung or are interested in fashion at all, you will love it!

      xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images